Programming thread - your favorite language is actually shit

FaggotPuncher

Punching faggots and taking names
www.lolcow.org
i-am-gonna-cooooooode.jpg

banbanbanger

I'm a special boy what can I say
www.lolcow.org
so one day this kiddo came up to m e knowing i hav over TEN YEARS of coding experience, knowing this
so he asked ME!! if i EVER USED LUA. so I said that kid to go suck on his mommys TIDDERS because only rolblox fags n VLC FREESOFTWARE NIGGAS USE LUA

Puppet

www.lolcow.org

That soy motherfucker that invented Linux or whatever said:
C++ is a horrible language. It's made more horrible by the fact that a lot of substandard programmers use it, to the point where it's much much easier to generate total and utter crap with it. Quite frankly, even if the choice of C were to do *nothing* but keep the C++ programmers out, that in itself would be a huge reason to use C.
Some jackass Usenet poster with a hard-on for ((dead parentheses) languages) said:
C++ is a language strongly optimized for liars and people who go by guesswork and ignorance... thieves and bums use C++.

General Tugboat

Waffen tier shit poster and retard wrangler
www.lolcow.org
Java is one of those languages that that I really don't mind, but yeah certain conventions are pretty jank.
On top of that the JRE is inefficient, so I'm not a huge fan of that proponent. I'm not one of those there is one superior language to another language, rather which performs the job the best, and with the least amount of headaches.

Though I will contradict myself by stating that C is the best language for people to learn. Despite the pointer issues people tend to have, if one can surpass those hurdles, it actually makes for a stronger programmer. I dont really go to it much these days, but for embedded systems, there is nothing that has managed to surpass the eligance of the C language. Plus it is light weight and doesn't require loading unnecessary bullshit shit code to bog down a process. Machine processes are just done better in that language as well. Java is good for things that require a GUI I feel, but that's just my personal preference. Kotalin though seems like that it is dominating, so I really see more people adopting that language. It's essentially all the great things about the JVM but without the fucking shit syntax Java operates upon.

Python is really useful for scientific analysis, plus it simplifies a lot of those extra decelerations you'd have to make in something like R. So dynamic languages have their usefulness when you want some flexibility in your data, but for it to actually solve problems in machines shit breaks too much, and for anyone that actually does development work the loose typing just gets in the way. Those languages I feel exist for people that don't want to learn anything about actual hardware.

I look at coding like a toolbox, you can't look at every screw like it's a nail. A lot of people though fly by the seat of their pants, not wanting to actually learn the nuaince of a language. But one thing we can all agree on, JavaScript is for troon rainbow speds, fuck that language.

mario if smoke weed

www.lolcow.org
How do you get better at programming outside of classes, by reading books? I'm trying to get good but don't know where to start. Classes only teach you so much.

SIGSEGV

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
www.lolcow.org
Admin
How do you get better at programming outside of classes, by reading books? I'm trying to get good but don't know where to start. Classes only teach you so much.
Each step I take to learn JavaScript I feel the Estrogen, far greater than any HRT pill could provide, coursing through my veins. I am Invincible. I am TrannyPrime. You will learn JavaScript the true language spoken by the gods and will like it. You will wear programming socks. You will compliment my feminine penis. You will... Huh? My bad. Last thing I remember was learning JavaScript then I don't know what took over me.