she seems like the kind of lady who buys and uses animal/dragon dildos.

How will Kiwi Farms end?

brimstone

Resident Pedophile
www.lolcow.org
Jaimas-sized post ahead!

KF has outlasted every single checkpoint that null has set for when he would shut the forum down.

He said he would shut it down if it impacted his ability to find work.
He said he would shut it down when it could not financially sustain itself.
He said he would stop sinking his personal finances into it and would not place the remaining of his savings in it, but burnt through all of it.

I believe that a part of him believes he can look at the forum objectively and that he believes he is not afraid to walk away when it is completely unsustainable or when there is something better for him.

I don't believe that is true. I believe that he will hold onto the forum and continue to be the ultimate source of cancer for the community until he kills what the forum was and the forum becomes what it has been lurching to for years.

Back in the days when the Zoosadism stuff began, people tried to encourage him to shut it down because it was more about activism than humor, and led to pearl clutchers flooding the forum. His words were that such "virtuous crusades" such as those where pedos and animal abusers were publicly outted and shamed, would save the forum as it would give the appearance of the purpose to have some social merit.

Back when Christchurch happened and he was behaving like a cringy, petulant child, pretending that government forces were trying to align against him, /pol/ was flooding the forum. The result was an increase in the IBS garbage, as well as threads becoming more how a cow's opinions disagreeing with posters becoming content.

Its gotten to the point where people believe that the period of lolcows populating the internet has passed. They see the growth of discussion on politics-based cows, and they believe that its a natural evolution in lolcows. It really isn't.

Lolcows have always been pretty damn rare people to find. There weren't 100 Chris' waddling around the net in 2010. They should be unique to find. Lolcows are a truly niche audience, and making forum policy that you expand the boundaries to include doofuses with politics you disagree with pretty much floods out relevant discussion.

So the question "how will Kiwi Farms end?" is kind of complex because, contrary to the postulations of Null, "Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0" didn't die when the board expanded from the discussion of one lolcow (Chris), to the expansion of many, that was the birth of Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0, as the site matured in a natural direction, a direction it had headed in since its conception. This version of KF isn't dead, but a cancer is metastasizing.

The cancer will eventually end with the entropy of lolcow discussion.

Barring any weird criminal legal bullshit, which I don't believe Null or KF really has to worry about, or civil legal bullshit where cows figure out how to drain resources through frivolous lawsuits, which I do believe Null and KF should worry about, the site will eventually take on more "virtuous crusades" against things such as sex pests, pedophiles, and other degeneracy. It will also welcome more people who think they are being censored or blacklisted on social media because of their political views. So it will continue to be a place salient to people who cannot hold accounts on any other website because they fail to mind their manners and become hostile when people disagree with them online.

I don't believe Null wants this, but I believe he believes that the site needs this to be a part of it for its survival because these are the people easiest to manipulate into donating to the site. Null will not let a good tragedy go to waste, which is why whenever he receives letters from ISPs or governments, he posts them, along with his response. Sure, his unstable personality is part of the reason why his responses sound like a 16 year-old yelling at their Father, but it also winds up the red-hots on his site and encourages donations. Whenever there is a critical event on the site, donations spike. When he behaves like a child in response, donations spike. These people want to be like him and giving money helps them feel like they are a part of a movement. I don't begrudge him in doing this one bit. Anyone willing to give him money for those reasons, and not to support the operations of the site out of interest in lolcows is a foolish person. But these moments encourage the culture of the site to move further toward becoming more confrontational toward whoever the enemy of the day is, which is why you will see threads on boring idiots related to the controversy in the fallout.

So how will this new version of Kiwi Farms eventually die? I believe it will eventually grow into this direction to a point where it will become harder and harder to outrage the audience. The problem with lolcows was that they are such an extreme niche that growth was never really possible, but he needed growth to finance the site and his lifestyle, a fact he has been open about for years. With pedos, creepy dads, abusers, etc., eventually you reach a point where you can't get worse. The confrontations will also become more frequent and serious. These lawsuits with Miranda and Greer are ridiculous and without merit, but they cost him a pretty penny. That's just two cows.

When this becomes an established play in the lolcow playbook, and as the people labeled as "cows" become less retarded and more just idiots people disagree with, his legal costs will rise. Will his userbase continue to foot the bill? It would only take a few more cows doing this to nudge him over the edge. Like Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0, the end will be because the audience can't afford Null's financial demands and his thirst for growth will result in growth in costs and a lack of engaged audience to cover those costs.

So "How will Kiwi Farms end?", ultimately, is dependent less on the users, and more on the owner. I believe that highlights the ultimate problem that undergirds KF's eventual demise, where its less a community or an asset of a community, and more a vessel of communication owned by someone who places their personal interests in front of the interest of the users. He was handed the forum, and iirc, in the admin board, there was a post by champ asking null to do one thing, and that was not to monetize the board. He never needed to. He never needed to move beyond cows, he never needed growth to be a good steward for the community. Users, including those here, offered him monthly donations. People arranged for there to be a pledge system, with the caveat that he disclose monthly costs, including a fee for his administration of the site. This was done multiple times and ignored each time.

He could have avoided this cancer if he only approached the users as a community, and not as paypigs, whose interests took a backseat to what little money he could milk from unstable weirdos. Hence, the entropy that will kill Kiwi Farms will not be that the site stopped growing in users, but that it will run out of directions of content to grow.

Last edited:

M e a t Z o n e

Get in fuckboi
www.lolcow.org
Jaimas-sized post ahead!

KF has outlasted every single checkpoint that null has set for when he would shut the forum down.

He said he would stop sinking his personal finances into it and would not place the remaining of his savings in it, but burnt through all of it.

I believe that a part of him believes he can look at the forum objectively and that he believes he is not afraid to walk away when it is completely unsustainable or when there is something better for him.

I don't believe that is true. I believe that he will hold onto the forum and continue to be the ultimate source of cancer for the community until he kills what the forum was and the forum becomes what it has been lurching to for years.

Back in the days when the Zoosadism stuff began, people tried to encourage him to shut it down because it was more about activism than humor, and led to pearl clutchers flooding the forum. His words were that such "virtuous crusades" such as those where pedos and animal abusers were publicly outted and shamed, would save the forum as it would give the appearance of the purpose to have some social merit.

Back when Christchurch happened and he was behaving like a cringy, petulant child, pretending that government forces were trying to align against him, /pol/ was flooding the forum. The result was an increase in the IBS garbage, as well as threads becoming more how a cow's opinions disagreeing with posters becoming content.

Its gotten to the point where people believe that the period of lolcows populating the internet has passed. They see the growth of discussion on politics-based cows, and they believe that its a natural evolution in lolcows. It really isn't.

Lolcows have always been pretty damn rare people to find. There weren't 100 Chris' waddling around the net in 2010. They should be unique to find. Lolcows are a truly niche audience, and making forum policy that you expand the boundaries to include doofuses with politics you disagree with pretty much floods out relevant discussion.

So the question "how will Kiwi Farms end?" is kind of complex because, contrary to the postulations of Null, "Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0" didn't die when the board expanded from the discussion of one lolcow (Chris), to the expansion of many, that was the birth of Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0, as the site matured in a natural direction, a direction it had headed in since its conception. This version of KF isn't dead, but a cancer is metastasizing.

Barring any weird criminal legal bullshit, which I don't believe Null or KF really has to worry about, or civil legal bullshit where cows figure out how to drain resources through frivolous lawsuits, which I do believe Null and KF should worry about, the site will eventually take on more "virtuous crusades" against things such as sex pests, pedophiles, and other degeneracy. It will also welcome more people who think they are being censored or blacklisted on social media because of their political views. So it will continue to be a place salient to people who cannot hold accounts on any other website because they fail to mind their manners and become hostile when people disagree with them online.

I don't believe Null wants this, but I believe he believes that the site needs this to be a part of it for its survival because these are the people easiest to manipulate into donating to the site. Null will not let a good tragedy go to waste, which is why whenever he receives letters from ISPs or governments, he posts them, along with his response. Sure, his unstable personality is part of the reason why his responses sound like a 16 year-old yelling at their Father, but it also winds up the red-hots on his site and encourages donations. Whenever there is a critical event on the site, donations spike. When he behaves like a child in response, donations spike. These people want to be like him and giving money helps them feel like they are a part of a movement. I don't begrudge him in doing this one bit. Anyone willing to give him money for those reasons, and not to support the operations of the site out of interest in lolcows is a foolish person. But these moments encourage the culture of the site to move further toward becoming more confrontational toward whoever the enemy of the day is, which is why you will see threads on boring idiots related to the controversy in the fallout.

So how will this new version of Kiwi Farms eventually die? I believe it will eventually grow into this direction to a point where it will become harder and harder to outrage the audience. The problem with lolcows was that they are such an extreme niche that growth was never really possible, but he needed growth to finance the site and his lifestyle, a fact he has been open about for years. With pedos, creepy dads, abusers, etc., eventually you reach a point where you can't get worse. The confrontations will also become more frequent and serious. These lawsuits with Miranda and Greer are ridiculous and without merit, but they cost him a pretty penny. That's just two cows.

When this becomes an established play in the lolcow playbook, and as the people labeled as "cows" become less retarded and more just idiots people disagree with, his legal costs will rise. Will his userbase continue to foot the bill? It would only take a few more cows doing this to nudge him over the edge. Like Kiwi Farms vers. 1.0, the end will be because the audience can't afford Null's financial demands and his thirst for growth will result in growth in costs and a lack of engaged audience to cover those costs.

So "How will Kiwi Farms end?", ultimately, is dependent less on the users, and more on the owner. I believe that highlights the ultimate problem that undergirds KF's eventual demise, where its less a community or an asset of a community, and more a vessel of communication owned by someone who places their personal interests in front of the interest of the users. He was handed the forum, and iirc, in the admin board, there was a post by champ asking null to do one thing, and that was not to monetize the board. He never needed to. He never needed to move beyond cows, he never needed growth to be a good steward for the community. Users, including those here, offered him monthly donations. People arranged for there to be a pledge system, with the caveat that he disclose monthly costs, including a fee for his administration of the site. This was done multiple times and ignored each time.

He could have avoided this cancer if he only approached the users as a community, and not as paypigs, whose interests took a backseat to what little money he could milk from unstable weirdos. Hence, the entropy that will kill Kiwi Farms will not be that the site stopped growing in users, but that it will run out of directions of content to grow.
So the TL;DR is that Null's biggest mistake was thinking that a site as fringe and niche as KF was capable of being operated like Reddit or other big sites.

cjöcker

www.lolcow.org
Admin
So the TL;DR is that Null's biggest mistake was thinking that a site as fringe and niche as KF was capable of being operated like Reddit or other big sites.
Reddit doesn't make money at all. These big sites don't make money. They're there because they give rich people control over the flow of information.

VeryMuchSendingTheirBest

Poomp it
www.lolcow.org
Jaimas-sized post ahead!

Imagine actually believing that lolcowery was anything but a different name for bullying. Some people took it so seriously, they outcringed those who they were supposedly mocking.